Friday, December 10, 2010

Evangeline





"Evangeline"

Lovers and fighters, from the inception of of history
have looked to the night sky for blessings of victory
and I being both thought to do much of the same
shout to the sky and make the stars write my name
but as my gaze affixed on the bright lights on heavens lawn
my eyes met a light that was so bright I became like a fawn
or a buck either a deer in the headlights in awe of sheer glory
so much so I have to dedicate time to telling the story
You see as my eyes locked on this distant beauty I was done
She smiled at me a smile as bright and furious as the sun
I call it a smile because the her twinkle changed as my gaze began
as if this star realized that it was being watched by its new biggest fan
I knew it was a smile because I could feel the warmth she gave
and i knew for fact that this was not how stars usually behave
I stared at the sky that night until the next night came
and I could feel her staring back at me the feeling still the same
and though we were separated by thousands of miles
our passion for each other is one for historical files
we communicated in a way that only we understood
our love like a hearth her the fire me the wood
I often wonder do I shine as bright to her as she does to me
Does she realize that I nightly pray for wings to make me free
I would pierce the heavens and traverse the void of space
There's no end to the end I would go just to see her face
I'd fight and scrap and struggle tooth and nail
determined that this in this battle I will prevail
I will give an effort like none that has ever been seen
because I have fallen in love with my own Evangeline


Star light
Star bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
Have this wish I wish tonight



2 comments:

  1. Finally got a chance to read. Very beautifully written. Evangeline is a lucky star.

    Favorite line: "I would pierce the heavens and traverse the void of space.."

    ReplyDelete
  2. loves it. always great work doll!

    ReplyDelete