Monday, January 10, 2011

He Ain't Heavy


He's My Brother

On the night of January 9th I had the pleasure(and I use that word loosely) of unloading a 75ft truck that contains the entire life(in possessions) of he and his fiance. It was a long and tedious process. it was physically strenuous. Not to mention we then proceeded to unpack the massive amount of boxes and bins that we had just unloaded. I was physically and mentally exhausted, however there was nothing I would rather do that evening(I only say that because you weren't there ;-] ) or any other night of my life. Why you may ask? Well quite simply because he is a friend that I consider to be a brother. I didn't do this because I am waiting for my turn, or because I owed him one. I did not do this because I desire him to owe me one. It is simply because we are friends and that is what "FRIENDS" do for one another. it boggles my mind how people throw the term around these days. No one understand what the true meaning is anymore. It does not mean that you go out of your way for a person, or that you stretch yourself beyond your means. It does mean that you do what you can, that you do what is within your means, and your power. It simply means, that without apology or expectation you consider with love another human being as much you desire yourself to be considered with love. One of my(only lol) readers is a perfect example. She on a daily basis gives a friend that works in the same complex as her rides home from work. This adds extra time to her departure and eventual commute but she does it because she is a great friend. These are just a pair of examples of to me how true friendship is supposed to be, and how it should be expressed. If you don't think you can live up to these criteria then that's fine, just know that I only have real friends because at 25, I am too old to have "imaginary"ones.

But there are still those in darkness
who cannot understandWhy I would share the burden
which belongs to another man.When asked, "Why weigh yourself down
with the load of another?"
I simply smile at them and say,
"He ain't heavy...he's my Brother!".

1 comment:

  1. Well used my good friend! I can't wait for you to prove this poem true again.

    ReplyDelete