Saturday, January 8, 2011

Playoffs?!?! Playoffs?!?!



Playoff Time

Today is the kick off of the NFL's second season. After what seemed like way to short a season, it is playoff time. I will not be making any picks, only cheering for my team because quite frankly the NFL has some of the most unpredictable playoffs in pro sports. I just felt like giving my opinion on what I feel are the interesting intricacies of the Wild Card Week-End match ups.

NFC


Saints at Seahawks
My emotions aside I truly feel that the visiting and favored Saints do not have a gimme game against the hosting Seahawks. Yes the Seahawks backed into the playoffs with a gaudy 7-9 record, but I actually consider that an advantage for them. They have nothing to lose and that makes them dangerous. Also consider the Saints who are a little beat up, had to travel across 3 time zones and will be playing outside in the most hostile outdoor stadium in the NFL. There is a reason they raise the 12th man flag at Qwest Field, because it is the NFL equivalent of a college stadium and its Saturday....



Packers at Eagles
I have always been a Michael Vick fan. I felt that his redemption story started, when he and his agent decided to reach out to Tony Dungy for mentorship, and should not be so invested in his W/L record as a starting QB. I think the fact that it is, puts a lot of undue pressure on the guy in his first Playoff start since 2005. Not too mention that it appears that nearly everyone is predicting the Wild-Card Packers to go all the way. I think the Pack has the defensive edge, but the Eagles have the(slight) Offensive edge. If it comes down to QB play though consider this Vick is 2-2 in the playoffs Rodgers is 0-1


AFC


Ravens at Chiefs
This game in my opinion is the biggest toss up of them all. The Chiefs are an enigma this season. They have looked Unstoppable at times and Inept at others. They kinda do everything well Run/Pass/Defend Run/Defend Pass but they do nothing great they lack a real identity. We all know that the Ravens bring an old but still world class defense to the scene but I think the lack of a Chiefs defined identity could be a problem. When you know what a team wants to do you can stop it, but when a team(like a woman) doesn't know what it wants, it can be frustrating. To me the difference in this game is the ability of the Ravens offense(which features some amazing weapons) to play on the same level(consistently) as the defense.



Jets at Colts
I will once again attempt to throw my hatred of the visiting team out the door as I analyze this game. The Jets defense is billed as one of the more stout ones in the league however as the Pats exposed they are not built to defend the kind of offense that the Colts are masters of running. That is small ball. Quick little guys running crossing routes and slants all over the field. The Jets offense is erratic but also built to give the Colts defense fits, because it is big and strong. Of course the Colts win the QB edge is an EPIC LANDSLIDE, but take this into consideration, the Jets start two players who have historically given the Colts trouble in the playoffs, Ladanian Tomlison, and Antonio Cromartie

No comments:

Post a Comment