Thursday, March 4, 2010

Poem: Me Preguntas Por Que (You Ask Why)

You asked me why and I had no words for you whatsoever
No witty retorts, no poetics response, nothing even close to clever
You asked me why and it was if someone had muted my voice
thats when I agreed to write, i mean i didn't have any choice
You asked me why and I tried my best to come up with a few true causes
however everytime I put the pen to the pad all i came up with were pauses
You asked me why and I had to really think about it for quite some time
Not because I didn't know but my reasons to me seemed about as solid as slime
You asked me why and it has been on my mind ever single day since
I have been striving with all my might to come up with what makes sense
You asked me why and the brainstorm began to reach hurricane status
the thoughts flooded my mind my notebook my only floating apparatus
You asked me why and It came to my like a sudden rush of blood to my head
I felt a new sense of enlightenment felt so alive I had to have been dead
You asked me why and the answer is mostly because you simply exist
a relentless force of nature, an act of God I had no chance to resist
You asked me why and I learned its because you lift me above the sky
You are my joy, my laughter, my confidence so I don't have to be shy
You asked me why and I remembered you keep my head from hanging low
you are the reason I breathe, the air in the lungs, you are every breath i blow
You asked why and truth be told its partly cause I get to be me when you're around
I am unrestrained when in your presence I am set free truly unbound
You asked me why and I can finally say I totally know for certain no doubt
its that you satisfy my mental, emotional and physical, completely inside out
You asked me why I love you and this is as far as this space will let me go on
See to completely answer I would need a pen that can write on the horizon
I would take that magic sky writing pen and give my greatest college try
But I could never complete my task with out first getting a wider sky
Me Preguntas Por Que? (You ask why?)
Porque Lo Hago (Because I do)

No comments:

Post a Comment