Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday's Taboo:

Man Bags

I recently stumbled across two interesting items. The first was my printed copy of "The Complete Unabridged Man Law", and the other was a photo of a fashion item on Kanye West's blog. Now inquiring minds may want to know what one has to do with the other. Well let me explain. A particular Man Law stood out. It was about the male usage of bags. The law stated two interesting things first that any bag carried by a man must be large enough to carry a laptop computer or must be given the title man purse, and secondly that under no circumstances should a man use a bag with wheels; for as the law dictates if said man can't carry said bag than he is not a man, and said bag thusly becomes a purse. Now after reading these laws i was presenting with the image of a mens of shoulder(across chest/back) bag with three pouches. I shared this image with a variety of men and was greeted with just as varied reactions. To the end that I must address this topic via this forum. I feel that universal rules must be established in regards to the male usage of bags. The variety is remarkable(as i will display below), which makes this task much harder. However I feel that I have come up with a few recommendations I would love to get some feed back on.
1. If it looks like a purse it probably is.....
2.If it does not have a shoulder strap it might just be a purse.(unless it is large enough to hold clothing, and/or athletic equipment)
3. If it closes with anything more complicated than a zipper or snap button it may be a purse
4.If it worn around the waist, off one shoulder it is a purse
5.If the bag is European and you are not...It is a purse

Now take a look at these and make your own decision



No comments:

Post a Comment