Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hump Day Hotness

I once tweeted that I am a sucker for Jazz Singers, Poets, and Educators. I'm about to add musicians and medical professionals to that list soon though. I realized last week that my hottie selections could be viewed as slightly biased. It would appear that I have a lack of consideration for women of a darker hue. The ironic thing is that they are actually my preference. Now ask me how many of them have actually given me the time of day.....(save it ID) Nevertheless today's post will be a pair of chocolate women I admire.

Blogger's Note: The women I showcase on Wednesdays are women I admire not desire. They are also women who posses more than a physical beauty. Tashakor



Lauryn Hill


Lauryn Hill is probably one of the most talented women ever to walk the earth. She can act, she can sing, and rap, and write poetry, and play her instrument well(I use multiple ands for emphasis I know its bad grammar) She is a rare breed. Did I mention she is gorgeous? Oh yeah she is, even after mother 5 children. Take your pick from her career and her talent will be revealed to you
Acting: Sister Act 2: Back In The Habit
Rapping: The Fugees - Fu-Gee-La
Singing: The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
Song Writing/Poetry/Instrumentation: MTV Unplugged No. 2.0



Danielle "DAO" Odom



Danielle, or Dao as those who know have come to call her. She is an Alumnus of the only HBCU in South Florida(shameless plug) which is Florida Memorial University(birthplace of Lift Ev'ry Voice And Sing) She is a musician, author, poet, and stylist(hair,nails, and make up) but most importantly a caring and inspirational person. She has counseled pre-college students and been a role model to all of them. All who know her speak highly of her innate ability to be the best friend they have. If you have a chance get her to read the poem "Mega Bites" a personal fave of mine




No comments:

Post a Comment