Monday, August 16, 2010

Poem: And Then I Found You

When reading the first section, the bold words should be emphasized....

And Then I Found You...

I thought id have words again, I couldn't explain it, I HAD no idea what was going on. Was I to write NO more had my beloved and beautifulWORDS, left me forever, I searched and sought AND looked to the sky for inspiration THEN it hit me like so many raindrops I realized that I was looking in the wrong place I had already FOUND my Muse when I found YOU!

And then I found you my glorious inspiration
You brought the light to my life my motivation
From my mind to to my arm to my hand I've been rejuvinated
My creativity celebrating that its been emancipated
At the same time it seems that my pen has taken ill with hemophilia I mean this with great depth
You see ever time its pen scrapes the page it swear its about to bleed to death
In fact now that I mention being close to death
I need a spare of lungs because these words require a great deal of breath
My very body is arrested held captive by poetic quotes
The other morning I found myself penning prolific prose about honey nut clustered oats
Like a travel journalist I want to write about all things I daily see
A prisoner of this world and only writing can set me free
You have awakened a beast in me my lovely Muse
Recklessly you have grabbed my explosive nature and lit the fuse
The beauty you exude makes me want to pen an epic tale
Where against the enemy only I can prevail
Where for you only I can carry the flag of the queen
A tale of bravery untold and mystery unseen
A potpurri of prose speaking of a love undying and true
Poetic print describing skies and seas of blue
I'd write this for eternity never ceasing and without pause
You eternally inspire me you are effect catalyst and cause
I'll never stop writing, I owe my Muse a debt of gratitude through and through
Because I had no words and then...and then I found you

No comments:

Post a Comment