Thursday, August 12, 2010

Incarceration

Warden: I'm sorry Sir you are not allowed to wait in the holding cell, we have a waiting area for that

Citizen: Oh I'm not waiting, I threw myself in jail sir

Warden: I'm sorry what? you are locking yourself up?

Citizen: yep, I mean freedom is ok, but I want to be locked up

Warden: Maybe the psych ward then *calls the people*


"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our mind"Robert Nesta (Bob) Marley

Big Bob said said some profound things in his day but this by far is probably my favorite quote/lyric of his. In this statement we see exactly how much accountability we have in our own lives. Seriously have you ever considered how responsible you are for the things that occur in your life? Of course any adult who keeps up the pretense of independence would say yes they have but what I am talking about is pure unadulterated self awareness. I am talking about the kind of self awareness that comes from the painful discovery that when things happen in life, more often than not it is YOUR FAULT, yes YOU. This was one of the hardest lessons I have ever had to learn in life. It has however been one of the more beneficial ones. Unfortunately this is not knowledge that can be taught or shared, it must be self learned. Which means so many I encounter CAN'T learn from my example and that just makes dealing the un-enlightened quite laborious. The few in my company who have learned this lesson are some of the happiest and most beautiful people I know. Life is just a happier place when you decide that you are going to pro actively do something about it.
Now if you can if you can figure out that you are responsible for the events in your life you must then make the conscious decision to free yourself of the shackles of your decision. Now yes there some things that you can not pull yourself out of, no matter how self aware(murder etc) but lets take a bad relationship for example. How many times have we realized we were in a bad relationship and hung around, really for no good reason(you'd be surprised how quickly you can find more good sex) at all. How many times have we stayed at a dead end job just because we were not willing to pro actively seek other employment. How many times have we hindered ourselves from moving on because we just can't let go. Yes I know this is the difficult part. Yes I know that like most things it is easier said than done. It is however possible. Its your life, you have to take it back. You must liberate yourself from the BS. Otherwise you are doing little more than incarcerating yourself #FREEYOURSELF!

No comments:

Post a Comment