Tuesday, September 14, 2010

MEDIA MONDAYS: Late Edition vol. II


TV? What's That?

So A recurring theme in my life the past two weeks is busy-ness(yep I just created a word) to the degree that I have almost completely lost contact with the outside world. However thanks to the amazing gift of God that is the internets I have been able to(in the wee hours of the morning) catch up on some missed TV time! Okay lets be real, I watch maybe a handful of shows so I'm not missing much. However one show I try to follow faithfully. Season 7 recently ended and the finale was of the type that made me contemplate lobotomizing myself! I suppose the silver lining is that HBO Sunday Night Programming will not be letting me down for long with the return of two shows I grew to love in each of their respective inaugural seasons.



Entourage


I as a competent human being should have seen this coming. I mean anything associated with Mark Wahlberg is destined to bring me to a high cliff of excitement and then drop me to the canyon floor. I was thoroughly excited about all the positive things that were going to happen this season, but It seemed that about half way through(and right when the excitement peaked) that the necessary conflict of any good story reared its ugly head. after about episode 6 they could have renamed the program Murphy's Law. However the seventh season(in its entirety) and its finale did one thing better than ever......It made you want to keep watching the show! The ending of the finale(which I won't spoil) is writhe with conflict, uncertainty, and tension. WTF!?!?!? is a drastic understatement..........is it 2011 yet?





Bored To Death


A comedy romp that features three of the funniest men to ever grace the same screen. Over the top writing, and spot on comedic timing make this program a must see. It's the kind of funny that assumes you are intelligent and dignified, then hands you a beer and demands you loosen your tie and kick off your shoes.





Eastbound and Down


You don't have to be a fan of baseball, or even sports to love this show. All you really have to do is enjoy comedy. It's hard to tell if they wrote this character specifically for Danny McBride, or if he just invented it from within himself. At either rate Kenny Powers is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment