Tuesday, September 7, 2010

MEDIA MONDAYS: Late Edition


Daft Punk:

Discovery/Interstella 5555
(album/movie)

First off as you all know today is not Monday(hell it's almost Wednesday now) so let me apologize for the tardiness of this(and subsequently all) post(s). However my media selection for this week came almost naturally. There was a night this past week where I just got into a strange mood. I was not per se sad, but I was certainly not my normal jovial self. It was getting later into the evening and I was home alone. I needed a pick me up. So what did I do I turned to music. Now for some this is a simple thing, they open Pandora, or their favorite playlist, or even(whelp *.*) the radio. In my case iTunes but where most people would have a simple time finding something to play to pick them up, I have difficulty. You see my problem is options, I have way to many of them(I currently have 9400 songs). I am about to give up on this venture until it dawns on me. Of all the classic albums by timeless artists I have in my collection there is but one album that thrusts me headlong into happiness immediately. In fact I would say If you don't have a smile on your face after the first track, begin avoiding garlic, wood, and sunlight because you no longer have a "mortal" soul. This Album is the timeless classic "Discovery" by Daft Punk. The diverse and dynamic production, combined with memory inducing voice work, and lets not begin to mention the awesome story being told in the movie that matches perfectly with the music. I am posting a vid that has the entire hour long film, which contains all ten tracks of the album. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment